Saturday, December 18, 2010

These kids are growing up

Blink, and you'll miss a milestone with the girls these days. It always seems to me that they have big mental growth spurts around the same time. And the intellectual/emotional ones are all I really care much about. I mean, I'm excited that Pants can ride a bike. But that she is writing-- sounding out letters and making sentences-- WOW. I am LOVING that. It amazes me. What a smart kid!! I'm so lucky. And Brain is keeping up with her, in a lot of ways. She comes up with all sorts of ideas and stories and imaginary things (even imaginary words and people) that it is fascinating, at least to me. Or when she memorizes stories and reads them back to me-- almost word for word. I didn't know kids do that!!! Whoa. Great stuff!

I have spent the last month figuring out all the schools here in Raleigh that are options for us, which has been no small task. (Because with Christmas coming up I needed something else to keep me busy.) I have spent a lot of time staring at the computer. But I haven't really noticed the chaos that happens when toddlers are left to themselves. Yeah, their room is messy, but they are not destroying things.

I repeat: I CAN LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE, and no one sets the house on fire.

(Angels sing. The sun is peeking out of the gray winter sky. Is that a bluebird? The air smells better.)

Yes, Our yard was TP'ed by our own dog. Thanks, Bleemer.










NOW, if only we could get BLEEMER to be as manageable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment